(the pictures are random, not in complete order of the day. People collage or monument collage)
(jefferson & fdr)Time to see the Monuments!! Again-these are places I've seen on TV and in movies! Soo Cool to see them in real life!! We rode the Metro into town again & started walking! It was soo exciting to see these HUGE buildings and the surroundings. Hello National Mall! See walked around the Washington Monument & got tickets to tour that later in the day.
Jefferson was first. Great quotes of his were on the walls. HUGE. Too bad the crane & construction tainted the view outside the monument.
Then the FDR monument. We did it backwards but still understood it. This was one of my favorites. All the things FDR did during his presidency were documented. Quotes & sayings were engraved on the walls and water flowed throughout the monument. Such a wise man.
(jefferson & fdr)Lunch was next then the walk to the Korean War & Lincoln Monument. Korean was neat with the men statues walking through the brush in Korea. Lincoln was cool. Maybe one of my second favorite. Lincoln was HUGE. The stairs-ah amazing! Tons of people but the crowds move.
(lincoln, vietnam, wwII)The Vietnam Wall Memorial was next. I had a lot of anxiety and emotion with this monument. My dad served in the Vietnam War. I know it was not an easy time in his life, and a dark shadow in America's history. As a result of his service in that war, he now has health problems that affect him day to day. Because he did not die in this war, I am here. He has not seen the wall in fear of seeing someone he knew. Again, a lot of emotion at this place and still thinking back at my visit there makes me emotional.
(lincoln, vietnam, wwII)Then World War II Monument, which was full of water and life. Again, Beautiful & large. Both Jimmy & I had grandfathers serve in this war.
Off to the Washington Monument. It was weird being up SOO high, it felt different but cool to see out the windows! I wonder how many times the Washington Monument gets photographed. Its just so tall, and the center of attention in DC. 
Washington Monument
Views from the Windows

After that, we were DONE for the day-Head home!
No comments:
Post a Comment