We met up with my brother Lee, who was doing some work in DC. He was our tour guide for Arlington Cemetery. The place was HUGE. I was not anticipating all the hills and all the people buried there. Rows & rows of headstones. We did see an exhibit about Women in Service over the decades. Very interesting. The story of some women were printed next to their pictures and it was moving to read their stories.
We saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. It was respectful, reverent, very detailed oriented, precise, and just cool! I took lots of pictures & videos, it was just amazing.

We saw other headstones & memorials for the Navy, Columbia & Challenger Space Shuttle, and JFK. Rows & rows of headstones. I did not get a picture of the area of colonels & generals. That section had some large and unique headstones. I wanted to find a headstone of an LDS person buried there, but we were hot, tired, and I didn't see one while just passing.
We stopped at the Marine Corps Monument named Iwo Jima Memorial. I did not know that was so LARGE! I really liked seeing it.

These are some REALLY TIRED FEET FROM WALKING ALL WEEK!!

We drove past the Pentagon & the Air Force Memorial on our way out of DC.
And Finally a trip to see the temple grounds of the Washington DC Temple.

No comments:
Post a Comment