Sunday, October 24, 2010

Friday: White House & Holocaust Museum & Baseball Game

We had tickets for a tour of the White House Friday morning. We woke up early & caught the Metro into DC, then walked to the White House. I was more nervous getting past the security of the White House than in airport security. While waiting, we saw dogs walking around cars and tons of security guards. We got in the White House. It was kinda disappointing. We saw a few rooms, saw some cool things, but it was short & just short. Kinda a disappointment, but cool. I don't think I will try & see it ever again. But I have been in the White House. No cameras were allowed there, so we only got a pix outside with the cell phone.


We went to the Holocaust Museum. That was interesting. Cold. I didn't realize all the events and parts that lead to the Holocaust & the rise in Hilter. Some things were hard & sad to see.

We went home for lunch then headed to Baltimore for Mormon Night at the Baltimore Orioles MLB game. We walked around the harbor in Baltimore before the game. It was a fun atmosphere & I would love to go back there & visit. Then we headed to the stadium. Camden Yards was a beautiful stadium. It wasn't an exciting game, but it was fun to see the stadium and all the 19-21 year old missionaries having a fun night out. Silly kids.....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have always wanted to go to the Holocaust mesuem. I feel like if I learn all I can I am some how paying respect to those who died, but I always have bad dreams for awhile after.