We chose to stay in a cheap motel instead of crashing at my Uncles. CHEAP MOTEL-but we didn't die during the night and well.....that's all we need to stay. HORRIBLE nights sleep. 
Sunday morning, we visiting with my 2 cousins on my dad's side of the family-Jennifer & Keith. Jennifers husband was there as well as their daughter Elise. We visited and Elise entertained us. It felt good to see a child, as I was adjusting to being without child......
I sure love my Grandma. Ever since I was little, I remember writing my grandma letters. I would ask her about her life. She would send pictures, and was always generous to send birthday money and christmas money. She loved to hear about all my adventures. I still write my grandma letters and send her pictures. Her health is declining, and she is slowing down with age. Who knows how long she will be around. She came out to Utah 3 years ago for a visit and that was a big trip for her! She is such a sweet lady-yes short, but a very wonderful lady. My #2 girls' middle name is after her. My dad calls his mommy every week and she loves to hear about the crazy life of the Dortzbach's out here! I meant a LOT to me to see my grandma. It was a sacrifice of time to see her, but well worth it. 
Elise pulled out the play dough & everyone had to have a picture with her hat she made. Kids are fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment