Thursday, June 19, 2008

Manti Trip

Wow! It has been a busy time! I haven't updated my blog in a while, so I hope to get this trip on, then Jimmy's trip, and then a few other things.
Friday, June 13th, I went down to Manti with my parents, my brother Lee and his wife Vickie and family, McCaden, Camden, and Rhylee. We left Friday at noon. I followed my dad down. He was taking his trailer and we were staying at a Camperworld resort. We drove to Nephi, and stopped for lunch. Then we continued our journey to Mt. Pleasant. We got to our camp ground, and got camp set up. The kids did really well on the 2 1/2 hour drive down. All but Ashley slept,and the kids watched a few short videos. After we got there, the kids played at the park while we got the rest of camp set up and dinner started. After dinner we got ready to drive to Manti, just a 30 min drive or so. We found parking and made our way to the temple grounds. We sat really far back, but we could see ok. I was glad we weren't that close to other people, because tired kids are not quiet and do not stay still. We found someone to share their mosquito repellent with us. Dusk=mosquito's. We survived the Mormon Miracle Pageant. It was cold, but we had layers, and blankets, and I was trying to keep two kids content. Sarah slept through most of the pageant on my dads lap. Ashley and Charlie were tired, and we walked around a time or two. The pageant was nice. I didn't catch all the BOM stories that were re-told, but I enjoyed it, and would like to attend it again in a couple of years. It took a while to get out of Manti, and we had to stop for a potty break. Finally at 1am, I laid down in the tent to go to bed. Yes, TENT! There wasn't room in the trailer for my family to sleep, so we bought a tent, and I slept in it with my kids! how FUN! really. The kids were exhausted, so they slept good and stayed warm. I had a ton of blankets on them. Charlie was in the pack-n-play, and the girls in their own sleeping backs, and I was at the door. We left our garbage out during our trip to the pageant. A stray dog had enjoyed our food on the ground and tried to get into the garbage. I called my brother on the cell phone to come scare the dog away, as he was still around our campsite and I COULD NOT fall asleep with it hanging around. My bro put the garbage in the back of the truck, and the dog left, and I fell asleep. The sun woke us up and we were all awake by 7ish. We had breakfast, and took the kids swimming. Lunch, park again and clean up and come home. It was a long trip, but very fun. Everyone except Charlie and I slept on the way home. Charlie has his nap earlier. It was a good trip. Very tiring, but it was fun.

1 comment:

The Hornes said...

Your Manti Trip looks like it was a tone of fun. I wish I had enough energy to pull something like that off with my three kids. Maybe some day I will have as much energy as you do Marla. I hope you guys are doing good! We still need to get together for a park day.