(smiles at the start at the race) 
I ran my first EVER 10k race with my friend Michelle. She is my 'unofficial' running friend. This was our first run together. We are training together for the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab on March 19th. But this was our first time running together. (We have different schedules.)
That's me behind that lady-I swore to catch her the WHOLE race and YUP-YEAH BABY I did!!
I passed her! Then I turned around to help Michelle finish who was only 3 mintues behind me. Not bad!
There was a professional photographer there to take pix, so these are from their website.
The Salt Lake City Track Club hosted the 10K as part of the Winter Classic 30K (which is a combination of 3 races, a 5K, 10K and a 15K spaced over 6 weeks). The race was started at the Great Saltair and it was an 'out & back' course. The weather was above freezing, and the scenery was surprisingly nice. I kinda liked it. The mountain views-amazing. Too bad I only noticed them in the pictures!
I do treadmill running, so hitting the road for a race was exciting! Fresh air, no kids, change in scenery and a friend was there!
I ran the race and tried to listen to my body and run at a pace that felt good. It was hard past mile 4, but I made it to the finish in 1:05:22. MUCH better than I expected to run! I was REALLY happy with my time and my mile pace! Is it the fastest in my age-OH NO....but it was what I can do-a 10 min mile.
I passed her! Then I turned around to help Michelle finish who was only 3 mintues behind me. Not bad!
There was a professional photographer there to take pix, so these are from their website.
This is just about at the finish. It was hard, but I loved it!
We celebrated with a Keva, and went back to our lives as women & mothers. I was sore the next day. Michelle tore a muscle that hurt prior to the race.
4 weeks till the half marathon!!
Please weather-be nice
Motiviation-be there so I can make the next long run.
4 comments:
Nice job!!
10k seems like a walk in the park compared to the half you have coming up. I am so proud of you I wish I could get my push my self to do a 10 min mile. There is nothing like running outside being able to push yourself and not propled by machine.
Marla! Awesome job... Remember our '98 track shirt: "dont stop now!"
Grats! I am so excited for you!!!
Post a Comment