Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Butternut Squash

I roasted some butternut squash last night-first time trying it. I will not be afraid of squash again. I will try cooking it again but make it sweeter.

My sweet Sarah is 6 years old today! She is a wonderful daughter! No friend party this year, just dinner @ Sizzler with the family tonight. I went into her kindergarten class to share a poster (the one we made LAST YEAR for preschool), read her favorite story, Pinkalicious, and shared a treat, Swiss Rolls. Sarah is always willing to help. She is very nice to others, and sometimes a little cuddle bug. We love our Sarah!

February miles: 59 (only 6.2 outside.....Why do I spend soo much time on my treadmill?)
It should be more.....I need a good, long run, 8-10 miles, but I haven't had the desire or decent weather to. So, I better get that in before March 19th! Oh, excuse is I need new shoes too. ugg.

Ash is getting better at her reading. I go into her class two days a week to help her & the other students take reading tests. It was another good day for Ashley. She read a book, took a test, and passed it. (She told me she said a little prayer before the test. Good girl). Ashley isn't WAY behind in reading , but just on the border of needing help-she reads at a second grade level, but we are almost 3/4 of the year through. We (teacher, mom, Ash, & state) want it higher. Its coming! I have hope! Keep it up Ashley!

Sorry no new pix. I take plenty of pictures, just don't have a way to get the pictures off my memory card. One day-LOTS of postings & pictures!

Taxes will be filed soon. I love H&R Block & my mommy! We only have to pay the state $12, which is MUCH less than what we originally thought. Federal return-YUMMY---> Its good. I still make money on my 'business' (self employed child care provider). Thats good.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

um buck up and just go outside. the weather is just fine bundle up, there is nothing like hitting the road and having that cold air burn your lungs and your but never warm up even though your in two layers of pants. I cant wait to hear about your race. I should know what my leg will be for ragnar soon meeting is on saturday.

Unknown said...

Whoa...you've been busy. Congrats on the running. That's great. And it sounds like your girls are doing well. Keep up the good work Ashley! :o)