Sunday, October 2, 2011

Summer Catch-up #5

The day after the Handcart Days Parade, I volunteered to do a water station for the races as part of Handcart Days. I wanted to do it with my girls, cause we recently did the Farmington Festival Days 5K, and saw a water station there. Plus, I was too cheap to register for the race.



We were assigned to a water station at mile 6 of the half marathon. After I found the spot (which I completely got lost trying to find) we got things ready. Luckily, there was another lady there (who didn't get lost), with her 2 daughters, so we all aided the runners and cheered them on! It was a LOT of fun!



As we waited to make sure all the runners had passed, I let the girls try a GU. They were handing them out, and were dying to try them....so yes. They tried a GU-chocolate and the liked them. yikes. The girls did a good job! They made it fun for them & enjoyed the new friend they made. Cute shirt too....


We got a free breakfast for volunteering too! Yum! Then we headed over to the park to check out the happenings there. We haven't been to the city park to see the booths there, so it was fun to do it with my girls.It was fun and something different. They used a magnified glass to burn some wood.




Heard a story from a Native American in a Tepee

And the girls went on 1 blow up slide.






















1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

I love all the fun experiences you creat for you and your family. They'll have so many fun memories as they get older!