I got a GIRLS NIGHT OUT! I got tickets for a concert at the Tabernacle in Temple Square. I didn't care if I didn't know the music! I wanted to get out and do something cultural! I found three friends to join me
(opening day of New Moon-which the four of us were not seeing). We got dinner and went to the concert. They gave out TOO many tickets-so instead of seats in the Tabernacle, we sat in the Assembly Hall and watched and listened to the O.C. Tanner Gift of Music Concert Presents Mahler's Symphony No. 2, Director Keith Lockhart, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Utah Symphony, and two soloists. It was AMAZING music and great company. (Too bad we couldn't enjoy the concert in the Tabernacle!) here is the link to the press release about the concert:
http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/images/misc/GiftOfMusic09.pdfGood time & GOOD friends.
After the concert, we looked inside the Tabernacle and got this picture.
2 comments:
Woot! I never used to understand the need for girls nights until just a few years ago. Now I'm addicted! I'm glad you got out and it sounds like the evening was fun. :)
When you catch up on blogging, you really catch up. I'm so glad that you were able to have a night out. Talk about rejuvination :) I like the new haircut, although I feel like you are copying me. As if we live close enough to see each other's new hairstyles.
Post a Comment