Thursday, April 9, 2009

Swimming at the Recreation Center

Okay-I wanted to blog about SOMETHING. So I thought I was brave to take my three kids to the Bountiful Recreation Center to go swimming! We went on Tuesday night. I didn't have any kids to babysit during the day, so it had been a nice, fun, quiet day. Jimmy was just starting a Tuesday class, so he wasn't going to be home until 10pm. We want spring to come SOO bad. The girls got new swimming suits, and at least a few times a week they change into them. So, I decided to go swimming! Thanks to a friend, Trisha, I had a maternity swimsuit to wear, so I even felt okay with going out in public. I surprised the kids, told them to get ready, which they did. (You don't need to tell my girls twice to get their swimsuits on!) We had to stop at Grandma's to get the life jackets. If they wore them even part of the time, I felt I could manage. We got dinner to go-hamburgers at McDonalds. We ate those outside of the rec center then went it.

It was actually really fun! I enjoyed myself and the time with my kids! It took a while for Sarah & Charlie to get completely comfortable in the water. Oh Charlie-he doesn't like his face wet, so every time he would get a drop of water on his face, he would get out of the pool, walk over to our towels and dry off his face then come walk back in the water. We moved away from the towels so he wouldn't keep doing it. We went in the river thing, and walked over the bridge, and went under the bridge. That was fun for the kids. It was just a good time. We spent over an hour there! We got out, (Charlie didn't want to leave-of course!) and eventually made it home, Got the kids in PJ's and in bed, but it was a really fun time!

Here are a few pictures. I couldn't take more cause I didn't like leaving my kids alone in the water! I am happy no one drowned and they had fun!





Next week, half the family is going to California. Jimmy's parents have their condo in Newport Beach for a week. We just went to Disneyland in November, Ashley has school, and being pregnant, you can't ride too many rides, so we decided Ashley & I would stay home. The plans have changed a little, so as of now, 1 week away from leaving, here is the plan: Thursday night Jimmy, Sarah, Charlie, Jimmy's parents, and Jimmy's sister are driving down to California. They are going to meet up with Jimmy's other sister and her family. They will do Disneyland a few days, San Diego, and hang around the condo, then drive back on the 25th. So Ashley and I will enjoy 9 days of US! I babysit/watch (work at home) kids, so I will still have those little people to watch as normal, but the week should be GREAT! (ashley tells me we can do this:) GIRL TIME, she can sleep in my bed, or sleep down stairs as much as we want! We will go see Hannah Montana the movie then and some other things, we've made a list! So I gotta get the three of them packed and ready to go! YEAH! So look for some good blog posts then. Life will be great! Anyone want to come help surprise my husband by getting some projects done!?! Paint? Weeds? I hope the weather is good for me and them!

7 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Marla,

Wow, I love your blog design. Go Utes. Sorry I haven't seen it before, I usually read your posts in Google reader.

Anyway, that is fun you get some alone time with your daughter. It's hard not getting to go with the family. If you want to plan any projects I will help you (if I can get away). :)

Colvins said...

I felt bad that I couldn't go swimming with you, maybe next time. I will help you get Sarah packed since most of her stuff is up and mom and dad's. It looks like you guys had tons of fun swimming.

Cassie said...

I am so jealous! Wish I could have gone with you! Have fun with your girls time with Ashley!

DJWK said...

Way to go Marla! I love the "bubble." I took Will to lessons there through the winter, and I'd say the best part is the slide!

Jami said...

Hi, Marla! I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog about my tutu hair bow holder. I had so much fun making it! A little bit of my inspiration came from this website:

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/ballet_tutu_bow_holder.html

I didn't follow these directions exactly, but it could get you started if you want.

BTW...I LOVE the background of your blog...go Utes!!

Debbie Burns said...

The pool looked like a blast, Marla. you are such an awesome mother and woman!

kelgrandy said...

Way to be brave and face the swimming pool with your kids while pregnant! You rock :) Is this the same "Bubble" that Scott talks about going to at Gpa/ma Gatrells?