
Saturday, April 18th was the best day! We woke up early and caught the first front runner train into town. At the Gateway, we watched people finish the Salt Lake Half Marthon, 5K, and Marathon. It was exciting to me, but not that exciting for Ashley. We picked a spot on the sun, sat on the curb, and watched people run by us. We saw Fox 13's Big Buddah finish his 5K-then we waited for a friend of mine to finish the half marathon. I did see a neighbor while waiting, cheered for her, then saw my friend run pass. Once they ran past, Ashley wanted to do something else! So we walked around the Gateway, got our movie ticket for later in the day, did some shopping, and saw the excitement as the first marathoner finished. We went up to the University of Utah (on Trax) to see the Spring Red & White football game. I was excited for this! We found a seat, and enjoyed watching some football. I saw some friends, and they came & sat next to Ash & I. I had fun talking some football with some guys. really! I didn't get a picture of Ashley & I together at the game, but we got pictures of the game, and both of us outside the stadium. We left at half time so we could catch our movie-Hannah Montana, the Movie. LOVED the movie!
We both had fun at the movie-we even ran into some other friends there-crazy! Ahh, busy day! We finally caught the train home! I was exhausted! But we still had to go to the store and check on Grandma. It was a good day!
The rest of the week was spent babysitting kids during the day, my "clients", running around to a few stores, making a nursing cover for this baby, cleaning, some laundry, doctors appointment for me, and HELPING my husband do his homework. Ashley & I were VERY bad-I didn't cook much, so dinner most nights were from a variety of places......don't make me confess where we went-but the checking account knows! Oh, I am almost done with the first Twilight book! My little brother came by two days and helped with a few projects: mowing the lawn, clearing part of the flower bed, hanging two shelves, and fixing a light. It was nice to have him come by! I took Jimmy's truck for a drive (my second time EVER) to get Keva's, and found some friends to come with me. That was kinda exciting. We went to church, Ashley had some play dates, and checked on Jimmy's grandma and great Aunt Mary.
It was a good break from full time motherhood. The trip was a day or two too long. I really missed my husband & other kids, but it was good for us all. I was SO happy to see them when they got home on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment