The kids had a few days off of school for Fall Break in October. I was determined to 'do something'-We needed to 'do something'-something cheap, fun & different. Its fall & the leaves in the mountains were changing, so I planned a little hike for the kids & I.
We don't go hiking. It seems every other weekend we hear of hikers or scouts getting stranded overnight on hikes, or getting stuck in unfamiliar terrain. So it was exciting for everyone just thinking about it. I googled and found a nice little trail and we headed up to a trail by North Canyon Park in Bountiful/North Salt Lake Area.
Jackets, snacks, water, good shoes, camera. OH-the excitement of going on a hike-the kids didn't know what to expect, so they were each trying to bring backpacks, hats, and STUFF. We brought just what mom said we needed.
We walked up the trail. Rocks, sticks, water, dirt, leaves=PURE-NATURAL coolness and excitement. The kids LOVED it. Well-Sophie wasn't a fan of walking, but she walked some....and I carried her some-it was a good workout! 
Cousin S was in town & joined us. She has older brothers and has gone on much cooler hikes than this, but this was our families first one. She did great!
There was a little stream in the canyon. We stopped and enjoyed the little, simple things we saw. It was really enjoyable.

This sign was knocked over-I was entertained to see the TRAIL CLOSURE sign on the ground. We did NOT make it to the closure part. NO WAY. I set my watch timer to count how long we were gone, so I didn't loose track of time and I texted Jimmy when I could. Again-we are weird. We don't normally go hiking, so we were cautious......lame. huh?

Cousin S was in town & joined us. She has older brothers and has gone on much cooler hikes than this, but this was our families first one. She did great!
There was a little stream in the canyon. We stopped and enjoyed the little, simple things we saw. It was really enjoyable.

This sign was knocked over-I was entertained to see the TRAIL CLOSURE sign on the ground. We did NOT make it to the closure part. NO WAY. I set my watch timer to count how long we were gone, so I didn't loose track of time and I texted Jimmy when I could. Again-we are weird. We don't normally go hiking, so we were cautious......lame. huh?
LOVE IT
Really cool scenery!
We saw a few other people on our hike-some bikers, a few vehicles, and some HORSES! HOW AWESOME! We talked to the owners some. They let the kids see the horses, and even sit on them. AWESOME! It was a dad & son horse and a cute older couple. They were nice. (then the next day I saw the lady at the store. FUNNY-chances of that)
We saw a few other people on our hike-some bikers, a few vehicles, and some HORSES! HOW AWESOME! We talked to the owners some. They let the kids see the horses, and even sit on them. AWESOME! It was a dad & son horse and a cute older couple. They were nice. (then the next day I saw the lady at the store. FUNNY-chances of that)




No comments:
Post a Comment