Run #2 8.1 miles-very hard
Its about 8pm at night when I began this run. It was 'night time running hours' so I was required to wear my reflective vest, head lamp, and rear flashing red light. It was also going to get cool, and I was running up a canyon. I went for the running long sleeve shirt, and shorts. Good call. I also wore a hat because I didn't want to feel the light right on my forehead. I didn't practice running with it on.
The run started in Morgan. It was fun to see the small country houses getting further and further apart. We always ran facing traffic and luckily there wasn't too much traffic for me to run into. There was a CONSTANT stream of Ragnar cars driving up to the next exchange. Their headlights helped the run not feel so alone & isolated. Occasional cheers, and decorations also helped the mind! My van stopped every 2 miles to check on me, and luckily they did. My headlight was having issues (battery not properly in), then my Ipod died. So my sweet husband was there to give me water, trade me headlights, and get the kids' Ipod (backup) for me. LOVED it! So I rocked to the kids' songs! This run was UPHILL. Here, I passed more people, but I forgot to count and I FOUND MY WATCH! So I was much more comfortable! It was hard, especially with all my downhill I just ran earlier in the day! I was happy with myself and my pace. I did take a few walk breaks, and I walk thru my water stops, but I didn't walk much. Oh, there were some good hills! It was DARK when I got done. I didn't see the lake, but the mist from the dam was a pleasant surprise! Major exchange, (got to hear the team name announced, which is fun) and found Stacey. Again, Ben was there to help me post run.
I followed Ben, meanwhile Jimmy was looking for me, didn't find him. This East Canyon exchange was CRAZY. LOTS of cars, DARK, and how was I going to find anyone. Ben took me back to his van then we tried to call my van to meet with them. I eventually got to my van. I was greeted by tired teammates. It was late and we were TIRED. Then we drove ahead to a resting place. I took a little nap while driving-MISTAKE-I couldn't sleep at the school because I had the power nap. oh well. Trying to rest was fun.......
Here is my run #2 map:
Run #3 3.1 miles-easy
By this time, we were all done. We didn't really care to much about what our last run was. Lets just get it OVER with! We were all TIRED. As each runner completed their last run, they were relieved! I told myself, its just a 5K on a Saturday morning in Heber. It was hard and kinda slow, but not horrible. Heavy legs. The kids' Ipod died, so I had to enjoy the surroundings. I was happy to get stopped at a stop light. That was a nice break. I didn't pass anyone on this run. Oh well. I was happy to get to the exchange, find Stacey & hand off to her! AHH! I was done! I was HAPPY! This exchange didn't seem as busy, it was at an elementary school, so there was room, and the teams had spaced out even more by this point. Ragnar-COMPLETE!
Here is my run #3
Some teammates were D O N E. They had someone meet them in Park City and went home, while 3 of us waited to see the finish.
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly finished.
32 HOURS
I ran 18.1 miles in a 24 hour period (out of the total 192 miles)
Shirt, medal, and sticker for the car!
AHH!
Loved it-Can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
hear is an idea for next year we got a hotel room in park city the yarow something like that.
Post a Comment