Yes-July 23rd was a LONG time ago-its feels like a long time ago as the cool fall nights are here.....
But I forgot the fun of the Bountiful Handcart Days Parade.

Jimmy volunteered @ the parade start, then joined us, and lots of people we knew came & sat by us.
Two UHP motorcycles crashed just less than a block in front of us DURING the parade. I tried not to make a big deal about it in front of the kids. What could I do? It was a little scary. One of the bikes had his timing off as he rode his bike up the middle of the stunt/thing they were doing. The news didn't make a big deal about it, but if my kids were RIGHT in front of the crash, um, it would be a BIG deal to me. The poor floats after the crash didn't get much attention and they were VERY concerned about the accident-especially the politicians that followed the accident.
Here is the Clippers short write-up about it:
According to the UHP, eight troopers were conducting a maneuver at about 900 S. Main near their entry into the parade. Their timing apparently was off and one motorcyclist clipped another. The trooper fell from his bike and the bike skidded into the crowd where it injured the girl.She was taken to Lakeview Hospital where she was treated and released, with burns from the motorcycle’s exhaust.The trooper suffered a sprained thumb and road rash. The motorcycles were removed from the show and the parade continued.
1 comment:
I'm on your side! That is a big deal. I'm glad you guys weren't hurt
Post a Comment