Monday, July 12, 2010

{{Slacker}}

I debated what to call myself......so I decided on a slacker. Why?

Months ago, I bragged about registering for a bike ride/race. I was excited at the thought of doing it cause one of my friends has does it & talked a lot about it. Its a women's only ride-how fun does that sound. But as time got closer, I was not ready for it and I did not make time to train for it. Race day came & passed. I did not ride in the Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride. I felt like a slacker. I really wanted to do it, but excuse after excuse (none really good) just made me feel like I couldn't get away to do this race. So, this is my confession. whew.....a slacker. Sure. But maybe it just wasn't the right time & season for it (as that's a saying a believe-there is a time and place for things/stuff).

I didn't want to be out the money, so I was able to sell my registration, but one year..........I hope to be there.

I did use the failure to drive some motivation back into me. I have been working at getting back into exercising. How long can I use my baby Sophie as an excuse. (Ah, I felt I was in GREAT shape when I got pregnant with Sophie. Well, this almost-30-year-old body didn't just shrink down to my pre-pregnancy size) Well, weeks later, I am not sure if there has been much weight loss, but I have done some exercising and feel a little better about myself, but its not easy. Hopefully soon I will brag about my first post-kid 5K.

1 comment:

Shraon!! said...

You can do it, Marla! Keep up the motivation! I'm going to need some too... triathlon in November :-)