Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too Late for New Years Resolution?

Okay-I have been thinking about a New years Resolution since NEW YEARS. So here I go-finally ready to commit to something!
I want to loose the 'extra weight from the baby'. I can use that excuse right? My baby isn't one years old yet? I want to get in shape again!

In 2010, I want to:

Compete in the Little Red Riding Hood road bike race in June-Cache Valley (don't know what distance to do yet)

Run a few 5K's (It would be nice to get my 5K time around 28 minutes or under)

Run the Farmington Festival Days 10K in July (with uncles & cousins)

Run the Layton City Half Marathon in October (with a high school friend)--that's you Andrea--

(and maybe hope to get on a Wasatch Back Relay Team)

To achieve these goals, I need to EXERCISE! I need to make time in my daily schedule to exercise. I need new running shoes, bike, bike shorts, and I need to register for these races. I don't need to hurt myself, and train smart.

There-its out there! Hopefully you will see updates and pictures on my blog over the upcoming year to see my progress! Go Marla!

Oh yeah-Other resolutions, get Jimmy graduated from school, Charlie potty trained, read more, and be a better mom.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah good for you I need to be better on doing other things besides running! The bike ride sound fun Matt and I were going to do one up there too wonder if he still wants to if not maybe I could join you. I am not comitting yet. You'll find training will be fun again once you get outside again.

Debbie Burns said...

It's never too late for resolutions! I am SOOO excited for you. I'm sure you'll rock this year. As for "be a better mom," be prepared for a little-to-no improvement. It's hard to see big leaps and strides when you already so amazing in the mommy department! Can't wait to see your progress on everything :)

Colvins said...

Good Luck, I am way excited for you. I am going to try and start running, so maybe we can run together when it gets warmer. You are already a great mom.

Cassie said...

Whatever- I am pretty sure you don't have any extra weight to lose.
Good for you I think you just did all my resolutions so I don't have to make any!